The scale is playing “catch up” from my naughtiness last week so I only lost 0.1, but a loss is a loss and I’m accepting it and continuing on my happy little way.
The other day I was thinking about why I might be struggling. For almost 2 years I maintained my weight perfectly, or close to. Around the time I started struggling I also started eliminating processed foods and avoiding fake ingredients. I no longer eat Vita Muffins, Weight Watchers or Skinny Cow ice cream. I do eat a lot more fruits and vegetables, whole grains like quinoa and couscous and more nuts and nut butters. I also make a lot more food at home than I purchase pre-made. I think all of these changes are worth being a few pounds up even though I’d rather get back to my “happy place”.
Weight Watchers Goals for last week:
- Drink 2 Nalgene bottles per day- Rocked it! According to Mayo Clinic I need 72 oz of water each day and this gets me pretty close to that. I’m also a big tea drinker so I’m confident that brings me over my daily requirements and has me topping out at about 80 oz of liquid each day.
- Stick to my scheduled workout each day- Rocked this too. Well, the couch did win Friday night and I skipped my scheduled weight workout but I just added it in with Saturday’s cardio session on the bike.
- Stay within my points! (It seems so obvious, but I’ve struggled with this lately): Kind of… I had an extra scoop of Fat Free Frozen Yogurt with 1 tablespoon of Chocolate Sauce because I felt like I needed a little something. There were also a few days when I had 3 servings of fruit instead of 2. And I baked so there were some licks, bites and tastes. Of all three things, the worst were the licks, bites and tastes. The extra fruit isn’t bad for me and I made a decision to have the frozen yogurt knowing it could affect my weight loss for the week.
Weight Watchers Goals for this week:
- Drink 2 cups of green tea between breakfast and morning snack: I used to do this but got out of the habit and I miss it. I don’t know how to describe it, but my body feels different when I’ve been good about drinking green tea and I want that feeling back.
- Have fruits and vegetables with every meal and snack: this is the Weight Watchers Routine for this month and I like it so I’m going to focus on that.
- Continue to stay within my points: I feel like 29 points / day doesn’t let me enjoy what I eat so I’ve opted to add 4 extra each day to make it so I’m more satisfied (less likely to binge). I started this last week and it worked awesome. It also still have me an extra chunk to use to enjoy dinner out one night because this cook needs some time off from time to time.